Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Doha Scenery

I finally got pictures that I took from around Doha! (i've been trying to do this layout for so long, please bear with me if it doesn't look exactly right!)

Doha skyline, taken from the other side of "Al Corniche." Look how green the water is! Also, about 50% of those buildings are still under construction.








The Emiriate Diwan, the working palace of the Emir. This was also taken from "Al Corniche." He lives in a different palace outside of town, which I haven't seen yet.










The apartments at the Four Seasons complex, with a very common sight (construction) in the background. This shot was taken from the marina at the Four Seasons, so Dave could see his apartment balcony on the 17th floor from the water. Yeah he has a pretty sweet view.











The view from my back porch is pretty typical of Doha suburbs... short buildings, desert colors. What's special about mine is that from the back porch you can see the stadium that they are building for the Asian Games in the distance. You can especially see the tower that is going to hold the flame, which I think is pretty cool. Its hard to see in the picture but much easier in real life. I'll be sure to take another pic during the games, when the flame is actually lit!


























My living room, with the doors to the back porch, guest bedroom and guest bathroom. I have not yet figured out what the heck I'm gonna do with the second bedroom and bath. I guess this means y'all have to come visit me! What do you think of the burnt orange sofas, pretty sexy, huh? Oh well, as of today, that TV gets ESPN!












The outside of my apartment building. I live on the third floor of the left side (my front porch is behind that left palm tree). Carla lives on the third floor of the right side and Silvia and Erik live on the first floor below me.


My kitchen... with more than enough cabinet space, especially considering that I only cook about twice a week with all of the free food opportunities at University.

And finally... We discovered this on a shopping trip and I had to share. The beauty of marketing the Middle East: Kelloggs has labeled this cereal "ludicrously tasty." I'm not sure exactly how they came up with this, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the "synonym" function in Microsoft Word. Well, I bought it!

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Pearlma said...

I want ludicrously tasty cereal. All I had for breakfast was cheerios...though they are pretty tasty.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

supreme clothing
supreme
yeezy
golden goose sneakers
kd 13
irving shoes
supreme official
bape hoodie
jordan shoes
off white

 

Post a Comment

<< Home