Sunday, October 22, 2006

I miss Pittsburgh

I'm starting to write the application for the student exchange trip to Pittsburgh, and I'm realizing how much I love it there. Ok I already knew that, but I'm being reminded. One of the professors has an article from the Economist hanging outside of his office about the new development in the hometown that I'm so proud of. It even says that young professionals are starting to stay there.

I used to think that if I am happy where I am, there is no need to miss the place that I used to be. Maybe that's because the "place I used to be" was Mechanicsburg, and although I love many of the people from there, I don't miss the place itself so much. I was wrong. I do like living in Doha, and I like all of the traveling that I'm going to do from here. But I miss the Steelers, and even the Pens and Pirates. And CMU, and Mt. Washington, and Shaler Township, and even the Restaurant. And Shadyside, and the Strip, and the South Side. And the Carnegie Museums, and Heinz Hall, and the Benedum Center. And Eat 'n' Park, and Primanti's, and Quaker Steak, and the O. And Kennywood! And the people. Mostly the people.

The students here have apparently heard bad things about both Pittsburgh and the CMU campus. I wanna plan the best trip ever, so that they love the city as much as I do.

I wish that there was some way to work in international relations in Pittsburgh. I'd live there in a second.

6 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Caryl! It was good to see a comment on my blog! I will definitely keep updating, it's the way I keep up w/people too. It sounds like you're having such a good time in Doha!

So are you going to Pittsburgh on this trip? Because that would be so fun for you! xoxo, Rachel

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Jess said...

The States miss you too. Hope your trip to India is fabulous!

Much love. How long are you at CMU-Q. I am feeling that travel itch...

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lo said...

PIttsburgh (especially me!) miss you too. Have you gotten my package yet? We had it sent to the school, but I'm not sure the right people got it...etc! Let me know so I can double check! Miss you tons.

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awful though, the O is closing. I don't know what they expect people to do at 3 in the morning when they want O fries anymore...
Christi

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, mulberry uk, vans pas cher, timberland pas cher, replica handbags, true religion outlet, coach outlet store online, north face uk, nike air max, longchamp soldes, lululemon outlet, nike air force, hollister uk, sac guess pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, michael kors, polo lacoste pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, hogan sito ufficiale, nike roshe run pas cher, nike free, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike blazer pas cher, nike air max pas cher, nike air max uk, nike free pas cher, hermes pas cher, new balance, true religion jeans, jordan pas cher, ray ban uk, coach outlet, lunette oakley pas cher, north face pas cher, converse, burberry pas cher, louboutin pas cher, lunette ray ban pas cher, nike roshe uk, nike tn pas cher, michael kors, ralph lauren pas cher, polo ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, michael kors uk, longchamp pas cher

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

links of london uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, hollister, coach outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton, montre pas cher, gucci, canada goose outlet, barbour, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, canada goose pas cher, toms shoes, ugg uk, moncler uk, supra shoes, wedding dresses uk, barbour jackets uk, pandora jewelry, moncler, bottes ugg pas cher, canada goose, canada goose jackets, juicy couture outlet, pandora uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton uk, moncler outlet, pandora charms, swarovski uk, replica watches, lancel, canada goose outlet, moncler pas cher, moncler, thomas sabo uk, swarovski jewelry, moncler, ugg pas cher, canada goose, converse shoes outlet, moncler jackets, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ray ban
ninest123 16.03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home